Tuesday, August 5, 2008

All Work and No Play

Yesterday (Monday) was spent getting familiar with the equipment we will be using throughout the games. It is all pretty much a refresher, however I am still struggling with the whole sleep thing. As of right now, I am working the 6am to 6pm shift... which should be good. Everything seems to be changing from what I was originally hired to do but I know once the games start it will be busy in here. A few of my friends had some time off yesterday to go to the Great Wall. Hopefully I will be able to find a couple of hours to go see it. I hear its like an hour and half away.

In my earlier post I mentioned the smog... whoa! It's not so bad in the morning but in the afternoon you don't even want to be outside. We had an hour break because there was a power outrage in the an area of the building so everything had to be rebooted. It was a good thing that didn't happen during the games!!! Anyway I went outside and I immediately walked back in!!

I am sure people are wondering about the food... the NBC food is fine not great but there is 24 hour starbucks and since it is so freaking cold I am probably getting more than I should just to stay warm. The plan tonight is to venture out and maybe try some of the food. I will let you know!

That's all for now!
XOXO,
Leslie


I took a few pictures of some the stadiums the other night. They are very neat especially all lit up. I was trying to attach the photos but can't. I will try again later!

No comments: