Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The CNCC Grand Hotel

So now lets discuss my hotel...
Some of you might not know but it is a brand new hotel and doesn't even officially open until July 2009.
Just the design and features in the room are so modern. To unlock the door, you don't use a key or slide a key card in, you just hold the key card up to a panel kind of like you would a fob to get into a building. Then you put the key card into a panel and that triggers the lights and the TV to turn on. (oh yea my tv is a like 32" flat screen). The bed is very comfortable and each day when its turned down, they lay a bathroom robe on it for me, ha ha.

Someone from the hotel that stands right by the elevators 24 hours a day. Every time you leave its like a race to the elevators to see who can push the button first. And when you get home they walk you to your room. The first time I thought they were going to follow me in.
One the best things is the closeness to work. It takes less than 5 minutes for me to walk over. One of the weirdest things is the whole water thing. We have to brush our teeth with bottled water. The hotel does provide us 2 bottles every day so that's good and there is a ton of bottles at work that I could always bring back to the hotel if I need it. I am so scared I am going to forget one day! It's the same everywhere... you are not supposed to drink tap water at all.
We all wondered why more NBC people are not staying at the CNCC Grand and I heard the "higher ups" didn't know what to expect because it was a new hotel and that they couldn't accommodate as many people as the Crowne Plaza where most of the NBC top execs, talent, top production people and others are staying. They are just a little bit further away and have to take a bus to work. Apparently the CNCC Grand is nicer!! Yeah!
So now you know where I am staying. I took pictures but again I am having a hard time posting them!
That's all for now!
Leslie

No comments: