Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Let the fun begin!

Not too much to report from yesterday (Tuesday)... just another slow day.  We did do a test feed back to NY to make sure everything was working properly.  Yeah no problems!

Last night we went to "Hou Hai" which is a little area with tons of bars and restaurant surrounding a lake.  It was pretty neat.  The people here are really nice... almost too nice.  They bombard you to try and get you to go inside the bar and then hang over your shoulder until you decide what you want to drink.  I know they are just trying to be helpful. :)  My favorite was the guys that came up to me on street and just said "beer."  It was funny.  A bunch of the places had live music/ cover bands singing all kinds of music.  Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try the food but I will once I get on my regular shift.  
By the way cabs are super cheap a 20 minute ride costed 30 rmb which equals like $5.  

I got home around 1:30 and went straight to bed because I had to be up 5:30.  I woke up to the sound of a phone ringing... but it didn't sound like my ring.  I finally figured out that it was my NBC china cell phone.  It was one of the producers from NY trying to get some soccer video for a feature to run in 12 hours.  Luckily it was someone I knew but apparently they had been trying to contact someone for like an hour.  I looked at the clock and it was 7:30; my alarm didn't go off.  I jumped in the shower and went straight in (its a good thing it is a 5 min walk to work).  We were able to find the video no problem, so I guess you could say we passed our first test because the producer got his footage at 8:35!

Kind of an eventful 12 hours... LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

No comments: